The 2019 Bacchus Marsh Strawberries and Cherries weekend is on again. As the event grows bigger each year, the need for Traffic Management becomes greater. West Traffic has again been contracted to deliver the Traffic Management for this year’s Strawberries and Cherries Weekend.
- Where: Main Street closed between Young St and Gisborne Rd/Grant St
- When: Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th November, 4am to 9pm both days.
Avenue of Honour Speed Reduction: Due to the lack of footpaths along the Avenue of Honour and the expected number of visitors to the area, the speed limit on the Avenue of Honour will be reduced from 60kmph to 40kmph from the Western Freeway through to Young Street. Please use caution when travelling along this section of road as there is likely to be a large number of people wondering around.
- Where: Avenue of Honour (Western Fwy to Young St)
- When:Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th November, 4am to 10pm both days.
Avenue of Honour Exit Ramp Closure: Over the last few years, the number of vehicles visiting the farms along the Avenue of Honour and the Market in Main Street has increased significantly. As a result, there have been times when traffic exiting the Western Freeway towards Ballarat has banked up back on to the freeway. This is a major safety concern, as it leaves motorsits vulnerable to an accident at high speed.
To assist with reducing the risk of bank up on to the Western Freeway, we will be closing the Avenue of Honour exit between 9am and 3pm both days of the event (Sat 16th & Sun 17th Nov). Traffic wishing to access the Avenue of Honour will be directed to exit via the Hopetoun Park Road exit and follow the detour signs.
The detour route will be:
- Exit Western Freeway at Hopetoun Park Road
- Turn Right on to Hopetoun Park Road
- Turn Left on to Old Western Highway/Bacchus Marsh Road
- Follow until you reach the Avenue of Honour
To assist with traffic flowing, all traffic on Hopetoun Park Rd will be required to turn Left on to Old Western Hwy/Bacchus Marsh Rd. The left lane of Old Western Hwy will be closed approaching Hopetoun Park Road as to allow traffic entering to flow on without stopping.
- Where: Western Freeway (Ballarat Bound) at the Avenue of Honour Exit
- When:Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th November, 9am to 3pm both days.